Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Apartment


Our apartment is located on the Anatolia or Asian side of Istanbul and we have a nice view of a piece of the Bosphorus. The Bosphorus connects the Black Sea to the north to the Sea of Marmara to the south. Lots of boat/ship traffic passes through. Ferries carry commuters and visitors from one side to the other.




Our street is named Pine for the lovely trees on the hillside adjacent to the housing complex. The complex is fairly hilly, with narrow windy streets. Driving looks to be too precarious for me.





Furniture arrived the same day as me. Here are pictures of the dining and living areas and our study. Obviously, I am not a wiz at formatting. I tried to get these pictures in a straight line...


The apartment is very nice and tastefully decorated, so far.
Tomorrow's adventure will be setting up a bank account for me...

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment