Friday, January 21, 2011

Pasabahce

Pasabahce, on the Asian side of the Bosphorus, was my destination via the 15TY bus for some walking and lunch.  I mailed a few postcards at the post office on the right, with the band of yellow.
On the opposite side of the street is the large Pasabahce mosque.  Walking down the street...
you arrive at the Bosphorus, where I found two ferry landings and a schedule for a previously unbeknown to me ferry to Istinye.  Potentially handy information.  The Bosphorus is very wide at this point.  A number of fishing boats were out,...
with the yellow and white fishing boat attracting all available seagulls hoping for a bit of the catch.
I decided to try the Beykoz Izgara Balik (Beykoz Grilled Fish) open air restaurant for lunch.
 I went for table number "22", not that that is my lucky number, but it was the only table with napkins!
My tree trunk slab table was covered with paper and the grilled sea bass was served on aluminum foil. Both fish and salad were delicious.  After ordering, the owner stopped by to chat and told me that this was his first day in business.  I am sure he will do well with the good food and good location.
After lunch, I continued my walk along the Bosphorus road before catching the 15TY back home, still wondering why someone needs so many plastic bottles.


No comments:

Post a Comment